Clinical Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs, CHS Jobs
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals on behalf of its subsidiary CHS Institute Limited to fill the position of Clinical Officer in Makueni and Machakos counties
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the DiCE In Charge the Clinical Officer will work closely with the DiCE teams and liaise with the CACCs (Constituency AIDS Coordinators), SCASCOs, relevant facility in charges and other government officers and stakeholders at the sub-county levels. The Clinical Officer will be responsible for leading the roving service units, coordination and delivery of project deliverables at the roving units, DiCE and during outreach sessions.
- Provide quality clinical services at the Outreach and DiCE in accordance with the current clinical practices and approved national guidelines including screening diagnosis and appropriate management
- Provide overall coordination of the roving service units including supervision of staff and ensure allocated targets are met
- Provide coordination of the violence response teams by working closely with the CACCs, violence response teams and DiCE staff
- Ensure provision RH services including; screening and treatment for STI, cervical cancer screening and family planning to clients in a KPs friendly environment
- Mentor and support staff for effective service delivery
- Ensure HIV positive KPs are enrolled for care, initiated on treatment and appropriately followed up for better treatment outcomes
- Ensure facilitation of health education sessions on STIs to the Key Populations and other at-risk populations
- Ensure a robust supply chain management system on all KP related and other commodities including safe custody of the drugs and equipment in the clinic
- Ensure an effective referral and linkage system of KPs for various services
- Advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management
- Compile monthly data and appropriate reports
- Collect client data and store appropriately to ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Proper storage of client information to ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Document lessons learnt and challenges to inform program decisions.
- Diploma in clinical medicine from a recognized medical training institute.
- Valid HIV management training
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a busy clinic or hospital site
- Experience working with KPs is desired
- Experience in providing screening and treatment at outreach sites
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Swahili)
- Computer literacy in the use of MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is desired
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
How To Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV as one document stating the current and expected salary, contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as CLINICAL OFFICER: CHS INSTITUTE/CO/001/2019 by 5.00 PM September 22, 2019.