Compliance Manager Jobs, Finance Jobs, Sheer Logic Jobs
Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for Compliance Manager East Africa position for one of our clients.
The mission of CH Compliance is to be a business partner who sustains the Winning Formula through the promotion of values, innovative risk management and pragmatic solutions to create competitive advantage. In addition to support development of an effective and pragmatic compliance culture in East Africa, the role is to ensure a sound system of internal controls and legal compliance is in place within the East Africa operating units in line with Corporate and Consumer Healthcare requirements
- Managing early and proactive identification of risks affecting East Africa CH in all aspects of their strategies and activities. Proactively maintains current awareness of company, industry and cross-industry compliance trends and challenges, assesses and manages in co-ordination with appropriate levels of management.
- Advising senior leaders in the businesses on risk associated with emerging business strategies and pragmatic options for risk mitigation. Acts as a source of expert current knowledge of Compliance programmes and their implementation in East Africa.
- Responsible for ensuring the risk management framework is operational in East Africa, including identification, prioritisation and mitigation of significant risks
- Accountable for ensuring proper internal controls are in place by independently assessing the framework. Ensures that appropriate standards are in place governing high risk business activities.
- Chairs the East Africa countries Risk Management and Compliance Board (RMCB) on behalf of the East Africa GM. Supports the GM’s input requirements to the CH Africa RMCB.
- Under appropriate supervision from the Africa CH Compliance Officer, and Line/Legal/HR/Management, implements effective processes for the investigation of identified instances of no-compliance or misconduct. Recommends remedial action in all cases.
- Implements training and education programmes which encompasses all staff from the point at which they join the company through the normal development and career progression cycle. Initiates a communications programme that ensures a clear understanding of compliance standards required of individuals conducting high risk activities in the business.
- Provides input to the annual and ongoing compliance objectives for East Africa line and functional management based on direction provided by Area Management.
- Supports and advises the operating units on preparations required for internal audits from various audit groups. Reviews audit findings with line management, supports implementation of recommendations / remedial actions if required and provide reports on implementation to the GM
- Ensures that confidential internal reporting processes are effective and that reported concerns are correctly and promptly investigated with suitable corrective action as necessary in collaboration with appropriate functional heads/line managers.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant data protection / data privacy laws in East Africa operating units.
- Responsible for proper record keeping in respect of all compliance requirements for the East Africa operating units and tracking and reporting on progress as required periodically.
- Provides input on behalf of operating units to proposed changes to compliance program to ensure due respect is given to prevailing local requirements, culture and practice.
- Support the GM to ensure an adequate Level 2/Back End Monitoring programme in place and for ensuring that issues of improvement identified are escalated to the GM, departmental heads and Area Risk and Compliance. This will involve a combination of conducting and overseeing monitoring activities.
The East Africa Compliance Officer will be a member of and support the East Africa CH Leadership team. In addition, the role will direct and support the work of the in-market CH Compliance Champions and coordinate Compliance across East Africa.
Key activities will include;
- Ethical promotion (implementation of the sales and marketing promotional code and the new ways of working around the anti-bribery and corruption policies, adhering to competition law requirements.
- The ability to influence and work with the East Africa Leadership teams, Global Compliance, Audit & Assurance, and other support functions to embed a Values-based culture and accountability for compliance within the businesses that supports the East Africa and strategies.
- Driving accountability throughout the business toward greater transparency and reinforcing trust in from customers, business partners and consumer/patients.
- Partnering with East Africa business owners to support proactive mitigation of risks and prompt response to issues to appropriately minimise the potential impact
- The ability to act as a change leader for cutting edge practices and standardisation, where appropriate, to simplify the complexity of our practices.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, the need to develop and implement tools to which empower the East Africa business to make ethical and compliant decisions.
Specialised Knowledge And Capabilities Required
- Educated at degree level to a professional recognised qualification e.g. in Finance, Legal, Business Administration, Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a managerial role. May have previous experience in a Compliance role but not a pre-requisite.
- Strong leadership qualities, ability to harness the commitment & contribution of team members outside of direct span of control.
- Good understanding of business processes and how they integrate at entity level
- Strong analytical skills with an inate ability to get the root of an issue and propose practical solutions.
- Track record in providing a high degree of reliance, accountability, and value-added consultation and support to senior business leaders and other support functions.
- High level of consultation and negotiation skills at senior level.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Sound judgment with patience to ensure that the right decisions are made for the right reasons.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and trust around sensitive compliance issues.
How to Apply
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2019. Please clearly indicate on the subject line as “Compliance Manager East Africa”