Customs Clearance Officer Job, Logistics Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our Client is a Japanese company handling a power project in Naivasha. They seek to hire a customs clearing agent to be based in Nairobi and handle the clearance of goods for the project.
Title: Customs Clearance / Bond Control Agent
Gross Salary: 80k
Contract Type: Valid till March 2020
- Review and identify the customs documentation requirements
- Review and process the different type of customs forms required for re-export and stamping procedures.
- Ensure that all documents called for by authorities are submitted promptly to ensure speedy clearance of goods and orders are correctly recorded in the customs and company’s systems
- Ensure that all cleared goods are also cleared from the company’s system and are properly recorded for future reference.
- Verifying that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods gathered for delivery against documents
- Calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid and may be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients. Arrange for payment of taxes and duties.
- Post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds and also prepare the necessary import documentation such as certificates of origin and cargo control documents.
- Review and match issue documents to material to ensure correct item is being delivered to the customer.
- Liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported or exported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders.
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
- Handle good working relationship with customs authorities and other stakeholders in the industry.
- Provide regular and accurate reports to the Clearance Supervisor on all cleared cargo and status of outstanding goods for clearance.
- 3-5 years relevant work Experience.
- Must hold a diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or related course.
- Certificate in Computer studies or relevant with high proficiency in Microsoft office
- Must be conversant with the KRA clearance procedures
- Knowledge of documentation requirements
- Must have the ability to able to clear along borders.
- An overall professional and positive attitude
- Punctuality is must and flexible working hours
- Good interpersonal relations, communication skills and possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports & exports as well as knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya as well as the International Community.
How to Apply