Data Internships, Internships In Kenya, KEMRI Jobs
The purpose of the internship is to assist in data management including data collection, mining, filing, archiving, QA/QC, database updates and generating reports
- Data collection, compilation , cleaning , and processing for entry into databases
- Updating live databases for long term data storage and back-ups
- Preparing daily and weekly systemic reports
- Scanning and filing of records, archive systems in accordance to department procedures
- Monitor security of all technology
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Education and Professional training
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics (preferably statistics) and computer science or a related field from a recognized university
- Training on data analysis (STATA and or R)
- Very Good IT skills including hardware, software and networks
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in data entry/data management an added advantage
- Skills in database development
Terms of Engagement
Appointment in the Internship program will be for 6 months. This may be extended for another 6 months depending on performance.
- A stipend will be provided.
- Interns will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application together with their detailed CV to the recruitment officer through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 14th October, 2019.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted