Dental Technologist Jobs, Medical Jobs, Dental Surgery Jobs, Dentistry Jobs, Hospital Jobs, St Francis Hospital Jobs
DENTAL TECHNOLOGIST (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Dental Officer/COHO
• Adjusting devices for people who have lost teeth or need to correct the appearance and performance of their teeth.
• Constructing dentures, implants or other prosthesis as maybe required.
• Participate in the multidisciplinary care of patients requiring reconstruction of the face due to accidents or diseases.
• Designing, implementing and evaluating training programmes.
• Coordinating the designing of appliances/ prostheses required in dental Unit.
• Assessing patient’s needs in relation to the appliances/prostheses.
• Training, guiding and mentoring staff and students.
• Arranging and clasping teeth for new wire or cast chrome partials.
• Banding wire for clasping and making soldered rests for partial dentures.
• Coordinating construction of new dental appliances by selecting and setting up acrylic or porcelain teeth using dental wax, articulator, and various waxing instruments according to dentist’s/COHO prescription.
• Fabricating base plates and wax bite rims.
• Fabrication of the removal of partial and complete dentures.
• Fabrication of crowns and bridge
• Recording bite relations on dental articulators.
• Grinding, smoothing, and polishing dental prosthetics using finishing burrs and grinding equipment.
• Operating and maintaining a variety of dental laboratory tools and equipment such as trimmers, grinders, lathes, articulators, and cleaning devices.
• Maintaining the working area in conformity with the hospital standards.
• Bachelor of Science/Diploma in Dental Technology.
• Must be a registered member of Kenya Dental Technologists Association (KDTA).
• Experience of not less than 2 years in a busy health facility.
• Must be self-driven.
• Must understand the ethos of the Hospital.
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
How to Apply:
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 3rd October 2019.