Field Engineer Job, Engineering Jobs, Corporate Staffing Jobs
Our client is a fixed Internet service provider specialized in bringing affordable connectivity and related services to remote areas. They seek to hire a Field Engineer who will be responsible for customer installations and ongoing technical support, including but not limited to the customer premises, core infrastructure network and related power supply in selected locations.
Title: Field Engineer – Internet Solutions
Location: Out of Nairobi
Salary: 30k – 35k
- Installations – Implementation of technical solutions, including power installations, to meet customer connectivity requirements.
- Customer Support – Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair complex customer issues. Perform root cause analysis on issues to avoid recurrence. Liaise with relevant teams to resolve issues. Effectively communicate ticket status, service outages and escalate as per established customer support & escalation matrix.
- Network Optimization – perform capacity monitoring and reporting on network resources, including incidental and preventive maintenance on cell site, power, transmission, and associated equipment.
- Implementation Excellence – ensure all customer solutions are documented, running configurations are backed up, and all preventive and restorative procedures are documented and adhered to. Ensure health & safety standards are observed.
- Operational Excellence – ensure all tools and equipment are well kept, maintained, and in good working condition. Have all the reconciliations done at the stores of all equipment collected and recovered.
- Driving and fleet management – including driving to/from jobs, ensuring the vehicle is clean and all items inside are well arranged, serviced on time, mileage tracked, and service and parts replacement is well recorded.
- Training and mentoring of junior employees – Developing the competency of interns and more junior technicians through on the job training and mentoring
- Timely and accurate reporting – Ensure proper feedback and timely update is given on all duties assigned, survey reports submitted within 24hrs, installation done within the day assigned, document all recovered items and reassignment of equipment.
- Efficient communication – Prompt responses to emails, Whatsapp, Kaizala and any other office communication channel.
- Teamwork and innovation – Have a good team spirit and smooth working relationship both within the Operations team and across the group.
- From time to time, conduct RF modelling and compile BOQs for both core infrastructure and extended WIFI WIFI solutions, and assist the Sales team in answering requests for information, bids, and proposals.
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering /HND/ Diploma (or related technical field) with a bias in Telecomm.
- Degree/HND—at least 1 yr experience in ISP and /or Telecommunications Industry.
- Diploma— at least 2 yrs experience in ISP and /or Telecommunications Industry.
- Specific experience with wireless carrier builds, including use of sophisticated electronic test equipment, measuring devices, meters and hand tools in analyzing, adjusting, installing, wiring, repairing, maintaining and testing wireless, transmission, and associated equipment.
- Understanding of RF theory and grounding safety standards for installation. Some experience with RF modelling and solution design is preferable.
- Strong operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting circuits to include but not limited to RF transmitters, antenna systems, AAV, fiber, microwave radio and AC-DC power systems
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, including everyone from local IT support to senior management
- Positive, “can do” attitude and service-oriented personality. Team player.
- Attention to detail, precision, and accuracy
- Ability to propose creative solutions and think outside the box where required, e.g. where there is no standard solution to providing customers with connectivity
- Comfortable climbing and working at heights on towers, rooftops, water towers, and other elevated structures
- Willingness and flexibility to travel as needed, including for extended periods of time and/or to relocate where a resident technician is required.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends when required.
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 75 lbs. and pull his/her own bodyweight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time (NOTE: a “fit for duty” test may be required)
- Must have a valid driving License.