Girls High School Principal Jobs, Principal Jobs, Teaching Jobs, Nova Pioneer Jobs
We are looking for an exceptional individual to combine our unique, world-class approach to learning with airtight operations to lead our new campus Nova Pioneer Girls High School based in Eldoret. This is an opportunity to create a unique school model that will grow the future leaders of communities and companies across Kenya and Africa.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
We are looking for a superstar educator who will play the leading role in ensuring our vision translates into impact on lives of individual students. As the founding school principal, you will report directly to the Managing Director.
You will drive the execution of the most important priority of our ambitious vision: delivering an amazing learning experience that transforms the way students think and act. Your work will be accordingly diverse and challenging. You will constantly support teachers so they are constantly improving towards our goal of setting a new standard for great teaching in the region. You will also ensure that all operations are seamless so that teachers and students are able to focus all their energy on learning. And you will constantly seek ways to further innovate our learning and operational design to achieve greater impact at lower cost.
We will invest heavily in your professional growth in this important role. You will receive significant training prior to assuming the position, including spending time shadowing current school leaders in the school network and participating in other aspects of our academic system. Once you are in the position you will receive consistent coaching from our academic leaders who have worked in top schools around the world among other professional development activities.
- Building and constantly growing an exceptional culture throughout the school so that students and staff feel constantly challenged and engaged;
- Building strong relationships with the parents of all students in the school and managing all issues and concerns they may raise;
- Building a team of exceptional teachers with support team mates,supporting their constant development through frequent observation and feedback;
- Managing and improving a career development system for your teachers and team mates so that they quickly grow to become the leaders of our new schools;
- Continuously reviewing data on students’ learning outcomes and experience and working with the team to design and implement necessary improvements;
- Constantly observing learning methods in the classroom and working with the Academics team to design innovative new solutions;
- Tightly managing the budget for school operations by constantly finding creative opportunities to deliver high quality at lower cost;
- You have at least 8-10 years of work experience including significant time working within or with high-performing education institutions (Experience as a headteacher is highly valued but not a prerequisite)
- You are registered under the Teachers Service Commission(TSC) and possess a valid TSC certificate.
- You have an inclusive and results-oriented leadership style. You have a track record of improving other people’s performance through coaching, building uncommonly strong relationships, developing creative training sessions and sharing feedback
- You believe most education is fundamentally broken and are passionate about building a new model that challenges most of the common assumptions about schooling and teaching.
- You know how to thrive in a high demand, hyper-growth situations; you have probably worked at a successful and rapidly scaling organization
- You love building things, you sweat the small stuff, and you take pleasure in excellence more than credit or status
- Our culture resonates deeply with your values—and in particular, you are excited to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and frequent feedback
- You are always putting yourself in other people’s shoes—your natural empathy, curiosity, and people-reading skills help you understand your team and students/customers better than most people around you
- Your past supervisors have consistently perceived you as one of the rising stars in the organization
- You are skilled at drawing the most important conclusions from mountains of operational data and translating that learning into rapid improvement
HOW TO APPLY:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.