Graphic Designer Jobs, KUTRRH Jobs
Purpose Of The Job
Reporting to the Deputy Director – Corporate Affairs & Partnerships, the Graphic Designer Job exists to design and develop effective and visually communicative creative that meet the design needs of KUTRRH
- Design various marketing and communication creatives including posters, brochures, logos, banners, signs, books, magazines, advertisements, and other communication materials;
- Design advertising creatives for social media, website and other digital media;
- Study design briefs and determine requirements;
- Conceptualize visuals, develop illustrations and other designs using editing software;
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and follow brand guidelines and goals;
- Research to obtain facts to validate a story;
- Works with/ co-ordinates with various publishing/ printing agents to ensure timely and quality printing and publishing;
- Works with various departments and strategic management department business analysts to identify graphic design needs;
- Keep abreast with the latest design standards, software and technologies and advise the Hospital management appropriately;
- Contribute regularly to discussion regarding marketing, branding and publicity aimed at improving the hospital image nationally and globally;
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time.
Minimum level of academic qualifications required to perform effectively in the role:
- Bachelors’ Degree in IT/ Computer Science, Fine Art, Communication or related field
Minimum level of knowledge required for the job:
- Proven expertise in using popular design software, such as Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator, After-Effects etc.
- Knowledge of standard industry production and printing processes, including desktop publishing, design and layout using major software.
- Understanding of current graphic design standards and practices
Minimum level of professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role:
- Basic skills in photography will be an added advantage.
Soft skills required for the job:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Creative and Innovative
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- Analytical skills
- Must pass the integrity test as required by Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
Relevant Work Experience Required
Minimum number of years of experience the jobholder is required to have to be appointed to the position
- At least three years’ experience working as Graphic Designer or related position in a reputable institution/ organization.
How To Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, we encourage applicants to apply online here or send hard copies of your Application Letter, CV, and Filled Application Form and address to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO