Group Compliance Manager Jobs, Insurance Jobs, Old Mutual Jobs
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the incumbent will establish and maintain mechanisms and systems of Internal control to assist UAP OldMutual in meeting Legal, regulatory and supervisory obligations and to promote and sustain a sound compliance culture by ensuring legal and regulatory compliance implications are integrated into material strategic, financial and operational decisions.
- Relevant Business related degree. Masters is an added advantage
- Over seven (7) years of hands on regulatory compliance experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Professionsl qualifications in compliance
- Ability to have a positive impact on people
- Proactive and can anticipate the needs of his/her customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- confident and assertive
- ability to interract at all level
- Ability to structure responsibilities, tasks and project management to eliminate wasted time and efforts
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities without missing deadlines
- Maintains a high level of attention to detail and is highly organized
- Energetic and positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Ability to maintain high service standards and problem solve effectively when faced with challenges
- Effective team work planning
- Effective coaching and training of the team
- Rigorous team performance management
- Establish and maintain an effective regulatory compliance framework
- Ensure an effective regulatory compliance management system is in place
- Implement and maintain compliance risk indicators and performance measures for monitoring the levels of compliance risk
- Implement and maintain adequate compliance governance structures including written policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies
- Oversee compliance control adequacy and effectiveness, mitigating management actions and exposure versus appetite limits and identify operating model deficiencies and capability gaps
- Meet regulatory obligations applicable to the function
- Advise the Board and Managing Excecutives on Compliance culture.
- Advise and challenge the relevant Board and Managing Executives from compliance perspective on strategic decision making and business planning objectives.
- Develop and implement an annual functional operational plan and advise the Business on the design and implementation of compliance controls and related mitigation processes, projects and change programs.
- Ensure employees undergo training on regulatory compliance obligations and the UAP Old Mutual Code of Ethics and have access to confidential mechanisms to report compliance and ethical breaches.