HIV Testing Services (HTS) Counsellor Jobs, Medical Jobs, CHS Jobs
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals on behalf of its subsidiary CHS Institute Limited to fill the position HIV TESTING SERVICES (HTS) COUNSELLOR in Makueni and Machakos county.
Overall Job Summary
Reporting to the Clinical Officer/ site in charge, the HTS Counsellor will be responsible for the provision of HIV testing, counselling for key populations, linkage of HIV positive KP to care and treatment. In addition, s/he will oversee the quality of implementation of HIV testing and counselling services as well as accurate documentation.
- Ensure quality HIV Testing Services (HTS) are provided as per the National Algorithm.
- Offer first adherence counselling services to newly positive clients before referral to care and treatment
- Ensure monthly forecasting, quantification and reporting of Rapid Test Kits (RTKs) and HIV self-testing kits is done according to the guidelines and raise a 1-month early warning alert for expected RTK shortage.
- Support and spearhead promotion of HTS services and innovations aimed at increasing access to HTS service provision e.g. Assisted partner notification services (aPNS), Social Network testing
- Participate in EQA activities (proficiency testing and observed practice) documented and available at the facility level
- Support the M&E framework (Maintenance of HTS registers, wall charts) to ensure accurate data entry and timely reporting
- Promote HTS services among clients who visit the hotspots and DiCEs by giving health talks and by using IEC materials
- Conduct targeted outreaches
- Any other duties which may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time
- Diploma in relevant Social Sciences, two-week NASCOP Counselor’s Certificate
- A degree in public health, social sciences or related disciplines will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in computer packages like MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Data analysis and interpretation skills
- Working knowledge of the DHIS2 reporting platform
- Three years’ experience in HTS in a busy facility, training in counselling supervision is an added advantage
How To Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV as one document stating the current and expected salary, contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as HIV TESTING SERVICES (HTS) COUNSELLOR: CHS INSTITUTE/HTSC/001/2019 by 5.00 PM September 22, 2019.