HTS Program Officer Jobs, Nursing Jobs, KEMRI Jobs
- To oversee the planning and implementation of HTS strategies at selected health facilities
- To ensure the Provider-initiated HIV Testing and Counselling is offered at all service points (inpatient, outpatient, MNCH and clinics) at selected health facilities
- To oversee planning and implementation of high yielding HTS strategies in selected health facilities
- To provide supportive supervision, mentorship, coaching, on-the-job training, off-site orientation, dissemination of guidelines and standards, implementing quality improvement initiatives at selected health facilitates
- To oversee the planning and implementation of HIV testing services for families and sexual partners/contacts of people living with HIV (Family and Partner Testing and Counselling [FPTC]) at –selected health facilities
- To implement strategies for referrals and linkages of newly diagnosed HIV infected clients between HTS points and the HIV clinics (CCC), at selected health facilities
- To implement internal and external quality assurance measures for HIV testing services, at selected health facilities
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required for successful implementation of HTS activities at selected health facilities
- Provide technical support for HTS activities, monitoring, reporting, evaluation and documentation in a timely manner
- Work with SCHMT to ensure successful transference of mentorship, technical support and support supervision to HTS providers at selected health facilities.
- Diploma in Nursing, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Public Health, Community Health, Sociology, or equivalent health related field.
- At least two years’ experience in implementing a HIV program, preferably HIV testing services.
Other Required Skills
- Demonstrated track record of providing mentorship and supervision for strengthening HTS services and training in quality improvement approaches
- Training in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment including HIV Testing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages for report writing and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Ability to train and mentor others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
How To Apply
All applications to be done through our website https://faces.ucsf.edu/ by 11th October 2019 latest at 5pm.
Applicants should attach the following:
- A cover letter stating current position (if applicable); and date available to start working for the program
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact information,
- Name and phone number for two professional referees,
- Two letters of recommendation and certificates,
- A copy of Identity card
Other Required documents to attach for KMR 6 and above
- A copy of Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance Certificate
- A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax clearance certificate
- A copy of clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) clearance Certificate
- A copy of Certificate of Good Conduct
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.