Human Resources & Administration Manager Jobs, Administration Jobs, HR Jobs, Jobs in Somalia, International Medical Corps Jobs
VACANCY: HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Mission: International Medical Corps Somalia
The HR & Admin Manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership. S/he will ensure high quality
and efficient staff recruitment, contracts management, orientation, learning and development, performance
management, compensation and benefits, code of conduct compliance, employee engagement and staff
care. The HR & Admin Manager will also provide technical support and capacity building for HR team and
will be working closely with the HR Admin. Officers to facilitate the development of a highly effective,
strategic HR function. Based in the Nairobi office, this position reports directly to the Finance & Admin
• Assess capacity of HR staff across IMC offices in Somalia in their ability to appropriately and
adequately manage all HR issues and address any gaps.
• Work with the HR Officers, Legal department to ensure staff understand and apply HR best
practices and IMC policy, and engaging staff to foster and implement a creative and productive
workplace that actively promotes learning and staff development.
• Ensure IMC HR Manual is updated and circulated to all staff as required.
• Take leadership for employee wages and salaries administration
• Management of employee documentation and records
• Provide leadership with employee recruitment and selection and work with departments to develop
talent pools for key priority roles. Strengthen employee relations and develop mechanisms to ensure
employee concerns and grievances are addressed in a timely, equitable and consistent manner.
• Management of employee health and safety by ensuring employees work in environments where
risks to their health and safety are adequately managed.
• Develop a training and mentoring plan to enable HR Department to work efficiently.
• Liaise closely with IMC Lawyers to ensure IMC is fully compliant with both Kenya and Somalia
• Serve as a member of the Country Management Team.
• Maintain a healthy and empowering office environment that encourages open, honest and
productive communication among IMC staff by delivering an employee engagement and
• Support the management, coaching and development of national staff to build a cadre of skilled,
committed and motivated staff.
• Work with HR Team and other department heads to update orientation/on boarding materials for
new staff orientation and conduct training for all HR staff to carry out orientations effectively.
• Work with HR Admin. Officers to conduct training sessions specifically aimed at transparent
recruitment process, contract management, HR reporting, staff personnel files management and
• Review contracts, employee data & records, leave administration and compliance to HR policies
and procedures and work with HR Admin. Officers to conduct training aimed at all HR staff.
• Review all personnel files and related HR documents country wide and work with HR team to
ensure all files are up to date and in compliance with IMC policy.
• Work with HR Admin. Officers to develop and execute capacity building plan aimed at Human
Resources staff across IMC Somalia to enable them deliver timely and accurate HR services.
• Support and provide guidance to the Department Heads, HR Admin. Officers staff to effectively
implement Performance Management Program and link it to staff development/capacity building
• Serve as a mentor for and build the capacity of HR team to ensure sustainable and reliable HR
services in all field offices.
• Ensure standardization of HR forms across offices and ensure use and sharing of best practices
between field locations.
• Actively participate in proposal design and kick off meetings, specifically advising on
organizational structure, position scoping and other inputs critical to ensure strong HR foundation
to support program quality.
• Maintain a legal status of expatriates visiting the Somalia program – work permits, visas and passes
• Act as the contact person with the NGO Board. Ensure adherence to the NGO Board rules and
• Escalate code of conduct issues.
• Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
• Master degree or equivalent education in HR/Management/Business
• A registered member of IHRM with a practicing license
• 10 years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 5 years as a head of HR
department or equivalent experience.
• NGO experience is essential.
• Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 500+ employees in
multiple locations within the country required.
• Demonstrated success in supporting senior management and building relationships.
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning,
organization development, employee relations, and training and development
• Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced.
• Must be comfortable in being a proactive member of the senior management team. Must have a
proven track-record of proactively identifying and communicating potential problems and
• Must be able to function effectively in a loosely structured, but complex work environment and to
set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with competing priorities and pressure ability to carry
out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
• Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
• Superb written and verbal communication skills required.
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
• Committed to staff training and development and effective at facilitation.
• Commitment to the IMC’s mission, purpose and values.
• Willingness to travel to Somalia field sites.
How to Apply:
IMC Somalia is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send cover letter
and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the
job title in the email subject line clearly. Deadline for applications: 4th October 2019. Only shortlisted
applicants will be contacted for interview.
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for
money or any kind of favours in exchange for employment.