Laboratory Analyst Job, Medical Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi, Corporate Staffing Jobs
Our client is a well-established private laboratory in Nairobi. They seek to hire a laboratory analyst to Perform routine, chemical and physical analysis of Potable, Wastewater, Boiler, Dialysis and Industrial water to ensure compliance with WHO, NEMA and KEBS standards.
Title: Laboratory Analyst
Reports to: Technical Manager
Salary: 40k – 50k
- Analyze samples either collected or provided using laboratory equipment to determine the physical and chemical properties
- Prepare solutions, reagents, equipment, apparatus and accessories and other supplies needed at the lab.
- Collect samples from various locations in a valid manner consistent with good laboratory practice.
- Conduct monthly inventory of chemicals, reagents, solutions, and other supplies and equipment essential to laboratory operation.
- Utilize good laboratory practice to prevent cross-contamination and inaccurate results.
- Clean, sterilize and maintain equipment and apparatus used in all tests and analysis.
- Practice safe and effective laboratory practice and procedure.
- Sufficient physical ability necessary for standing, walking, bending and stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform routine laboratory tests and sampling duties in the field.
- Ability to understand and interpret laboratory test results.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple media.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to lift and transport laboratory samples and equipment
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Analytical Chemistry or chemistry Major
- Minimum two years of experience conducting a variety of tests in a physical, chemical, or biological laboratory.
- Must have knowledge in atomic absorption spectroscopy, UV-VIS Spectroscopy, Potentiometric and Electrochemistry, Good chemistry analytical and data statistical skills
- Should have a driving license.
- Knowledge of effective sampling and monitoring procedures
- Knowledge of computerized information of information systems and spreadsheet
- Individual must be presentable, very organized with ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills