Laboratory Technologist Jobs, UoE Jobs
JOB GRADE 7
Department of Physics (1)
Department of Biological Sciences (2)
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry (1)
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (1)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Diploma in the relevant field from a recognized institution;
- At least seven (7) years relevant work experience;
- Membership registration with relevant professional body
- Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology
- First Aid and Occupational Health and Safety Training
- Continuous Management training for two (2) weeks
- Must meet requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity;
Reporting to the Chief Technician, duties and responsibilities at this level entails:
- assisting in the collection and preparation of teaching and research materials,
- preparation of tools, equipment and machines and
- ensuring that glassware, tools, equipment are available and clean;
- staff supervision and
- any other duty as may be assigned by immediate supervisor from time to time.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions: These are permanent and pensionable positions within the university and carry competitive remuneration package which include among others, basic salary, medical cover, house, transport and leave allowances.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) copies of their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, e-mail address, telephone contacts, postal address, current post, copy of current pay slip, copy of their original National Identification Card (ID), certified copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials to the Vice Chancellor.
All applicants must satisfy the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya by getting current (2019) and valid clearances from the following bodies:
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
Commission for University Education (CUE) and
Current (2019) certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
They should also provide three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and areas of specialization, one of which must be a recent/last employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The University of Eldoret is an equal opportunity employer thus, women, persons with disabilities and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
University of Eldoret
P.O. Box 1125 – 30100