Lecturer Job, Hotel Jobs, CSS Jobs
Our client is a culinary institute based in Thika who seek to hire a Lecturer who will be tasked with planning and delivery of pastry and baking units to its students.
Title: Lecturer – Pastry Chef
Reports to: Principal
- Develop creative instructional methods to engage students in learning process.
- Develop instruction materials and handouts for students.
- Develop daily lesson plans and instructional plans to meet course competency.
- Teach pastry classes according to course curriculum.
- Provide personal and professional guidance to students when needed.
- Prepare course assignments, tests, projects to improve student’s academic performance.
- Maintain students’ attendance and grade records and report the same to the Principal.
- Evaluate each student’s academic performance and provide feedback appropriately.
- Attend trainings and workshops for professional and skill development.
- Attend staff meetings and communicate budget needs to management.
- Degree in Hospitality Management from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Pastry and Baking/Food Production/ Culinary Arts or related field of study.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a pastry chef trainer
- Experience in a four/five-star hotel will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good organization and planning skills
How to Apply