Medical Specialist Jobs, Medical Jobs, Kenyatta National Hospital Jobs
Kenyatta National Hospital is a government state corporation whose vision is to be a world class referral hospital in the provision of innovative and specialized healthcare. The Hospital seeks to recruit dynamic, highly motivated, innovative and experienced individual to fill the following vacant position:
1. MEDICAL SPECIALIST II (PAEDIATRIC ANAESTHESIOLOGIST), JOB GROUP K4 (P); (1 POST)
Reporting to the Chief Medical Specialist/Head of Department, the Medical Specialist II (Paediatric Anesthesiologist) will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing and ensuring all the recommendations
are carried out.
- Undertaking “on call” duties including clerking, investigating and managing patients.
- Conducting clinics and theatre days as scheduled/directed.
- Training, supervising and mentoring Clinical Officers, Medical Officers, Medical Interns and other students.
- Providing anaesthesia for elective and emergency surgeries/procedures.
- Conducting ward rounds in CCU and managing patients in the CCU.
- Undertaking medico-legal duties including filling of P.3 forms and court attendance.
- Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Board Proceedings.
- Carrying out community outreach duties including care and treatment.
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to the benefit of
the customer and service provider.
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention and control.
- Carrying out health education and promotion.
- Preparing medical reports.
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Master’s degree in Anaesthesia or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from a recognized
institution by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- A Fellowship training in Paediatric Anaesthesia or proven interest in Paediatric
- Proven experience of not less than one (1) year at the level of Medical Specialist.
- Specialist recognition certificate from the Medical Practitioners’ and Dentist Board.
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Retention in the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board register.
- Professional Indemnity Cover.
- Evidence in knowledge and proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
How To Apply:
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 30th September 2019 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
- For those applying for positions Job Group K5 to K1, you may apply online and attach relevant copies of certificates and testimonials through the email address; email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
“Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification”.