Packhouse Manager Jobs, Jobs In Thika, Brites Management Jobs
Position: Packhouse Manager
Industry Type: Horticultural Farm
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary Range: Kshs.120, 000.00 – 250,000.00
Our client is seeking to hire a mature and proactive Packhouse Manager who will be responsible for setting up and managing of all processes in the pack house to meet the overall production targets, international export requirement and objectives of the company.
- Recruit, train, and maintain competent production/Quality Assurance staff
- Ensuring that all staff trainings are done and that key personnel have the requisite skills and competency required for the job.
- Ensuring that all products dispatched for the export market meet the specified customer specifications in terms of safety, quality and Legality
- In charge of daily order planning and communication with the head office on orders and all export
- Ensuring that Truck departure from the sites both produce and shipment trucks are on schedule.
- Effectively supervise the team
- Advise and train Maintenance Team on preventive measures to mitigate unnecessary breakdowns such as safety measures to eliminate occupational hazards and injuries as well as critical emergency troubleshooting
- Adherence to company’s code of conduct and practice
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Diploma/Degree in Food Science & Technology, or Agronomy
- Must have at least 5 years of experience as Packhouse Manager in a pack house that deals with fresh produce
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Leadership with maturity and high emotional intelligence
- Critical thinker with ability to pre-empt needs
- Ability to analyse, communicate, manage and prioritize multiple technical issues
- Computer literacy
- Have proven technical aptitude, leading from the front.
- Approachable and have a strong business acumen
- Other trainings (Haccp/Food safety, Management, Kaizen and lean management, work place communication
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.