Post-Harvest Officer Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
Our client in the horticultural sector is one of the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables from Kenya and the largest commercial grower and exporter of chillies from Kenya. They are seeking to fill in the role of a Post-Harvest Officer/Coordinator (Roses) with main duty in managing orders and coordinating receipt of flowers from all Pack houses to Head Office
Ensuring vase-life checks are fully conduced and also following through on other routine Pack house support such as specifications and complaints management.
Overall responsibility to manage the quality of Post-Harvest Operations from the growing to the client, ensuring clients receive consistent quality products in accordance with their needs and ensuring that client orders are filled according to their specifications.
The Post-Harvest Officer will also put in place, in coordination with the Technical Manager – Roses, all measures necessary to keep the quality standards at required levels as well as undertaking any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Maintain/Validate Post-Harvest documents and procedures at Farm level
- Visit the Farms to ensure that all post-harvest documents ad SOPs are being followed and are clear to teams
- Ensure relevant documentation is being completed on a monthly basis using a Key Checklist
- Ensure all formats and SOPs are reviewed at least annually and shared
Farm Trials and Vase life
- Handle the vase life for commercial and trial varieties from the Head office.
- Follow up on trials in the trial house (different varieties)
- Keep track of all trial varieties in the trial house with trials officer and report back on performance
- Update all Customer Complaints follow-up with the Pack house and trending to ensure on going improvements with corrective actions focussing on root-cause
- Attend all technical and sales meetings in order to provide details or an over view weekly reports
- Follow up and record any client claims
- Ensure that corrective action report is compiled and completed
- Make any relevant changes to the system
- Update the Farms and Pack houses with customer specifications, ensuring all customer specifications are updated
- Ensure all customer specifications are available and shared with the farms
- Visit and train on any customer specification changes
Pack house Efficiency
- Trainings: Coordinate external and internal trainings for the Farms and Pack houses.
- Pack house Support: Follow up on supply of detergents, formats and any item requisitioned for.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.