Principal Supply Chain Management Officer Jobs, Supply Chain Jobs, Privatization Commission Jobs
Reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain Management, the successful candidate will be assisting in providing procurement professional advice to the Management, and to coordinate all procurement and asset disposal activities in the Commission.
- Provide input into the annual procurement and disposal plans;
- Implement the annual procurement and disposal plans;
- Coordinate procurement and disposal activities;
- Prepare contract documents for goods, works and services;
- Liaise with the user department to ensure effective implementation of contracts for goods, works and services;
- Provide secretariat to committees’ incidental to procurement of goods and services, and disposal of assets;
- Coordinate sensitization of staff and other stakeholders
- Oversee periodic and annual stocktaking exercise;
- Coordinate disposal of assets activities;
- Prepare draft statutory reports to Public Procurement Regulatory Authority; and
- Any other duties that might be assigned to the Officer from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- A relevant Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Procurement and Supplies Management, or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Supplies Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Membership of good standing in a professional body (KISM or CIPS);
- Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be licensed by KISM to practice.
- At least eight (8) years’ work experience in Supply Chain Management in public service or private sector, three (3) of which must be in a supervisory role;
- Demonstrate results in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Terms Of Service And Remuneration
The appointment will be on permanent terms of employment. An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with Government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above positions.
Applications should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) referees, mobile telephone contact, copies of National Identity Card, relevant certificates, details of current employer and position held, current and expected salary and other testimonials.
Shortlisted applicants MUST get clearance from the following bodies:
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA;
- Leadership and Integrity Act Self Declaration Form from the Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission (EACC);
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
Applications clearly citing the position should be sent to:
The Executive Director/CEO
P.O. Box 34542 – 00100
Extelcoms House, 11th Floor
Applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on 14th October, 2019.
Privatization Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.