Procurement & Contracts Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs, Daystar University Jobs
Purpose of the Job
Carrying out the sourcing of goods, works and services including contracts drafting and monitoring based on the principles of value for money in line with objectives and guidelines of the university.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or Supplies and Purchasing Management or their equivalent;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Supplies and Purchasing;
- At least 5 years relevant experience;
- Must be registered with the relevant professional body – MCIPS or KISM;
- Must have valid certificate of good conduct;
- Christian commitment and practice.
- Implementing procurement policies and procedures to achieve procurement strategy;
- Carrying out procurement instructions and processes for goods, services and works in line with set guidelines;
- Generating and confirming purchase orders using the system in line with processes and procedures;
- Supporting end-to-end tendering process in line with strategy, policies, processes & procedures;
- Ensuring contracts and procurement planning and making recommendations for management consideration;
- Ensuring compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, laws and regulations;
- Conducting market analysis for pricing, availability and quality and recommending for consideration;
- Evaluating supplier performance and providing trends and reports with recommendations for process improvement;
- Supporting process in the disposal of fixed assets as approved by management;
- Implementing best practices in procurement, sourcing and purchasing;
- Ensuring appropriate Christian behaviour with both internal and external parties in line with the institutions Strategy;
- Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
How To Apply
Those interested in this challenging and rewarding positions should submit their applications and detailed curriculum vitae with names and contacts of 3 referees to the address below on or before: 11th October, 2019.
All applications should be sent by E-mail to: email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com clearly indicating the position you have applied for in the email’s subject line.
Hard copies will not be considered.
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.