Production Manager Jobs, CSS Jobs
Our client is a nonprofit business that uses the power of global commerce to create social impact. They seek to hire a production manager to oversee the planning and coordination of the production processes and ensure production runs smoothly and efficiently and finished products meet quality standards.
Title: Production Manager
Gross Salary: 40k – 60k
Location: Kenya, Maai Mahiu
- Oversee production planning and management activities within the organization.
- Develop production plan, budget and timelines according to production specifications.
- Determine production requirements based on plant capacity and production specifications.
- Plan work flow and schedules for production departments.
- Monitor production status and ensure timely delivery.
- Identify delays and accordingly adjust schedules to meet deadlines.
- Assist in production risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Notify customers on any delays and outages.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate current production processes and recommend improvements.
- Assist in new product development and enhancements.
- Conduct daily meetings to keep track of production schedules.
- Ensure that finished products meet quality standards and customer specifications.
- Determine equipment, materials and manpower required to complete production.
- Resolve production issues and escalate unresolved issues to management promptly.
- Assist in employee hiring, training, performance evaluation, and retention and termination activities.
- Lead team to accomplish the organization goal by effectively using production planning and control skills
- To plan the production, material procurement in order to meet the project requirement in term of Cost, Delivery, and Quality – planning and organizing production schedules
- To make/update weekly/monthly production status, from cutting to final packing.
- Co-coordinating between sampling, production & buyer for all development and production related issues.
- Co-ordinate the review of Proto, Fit, Size Set, Pre-Production & T.O.P sample as per Tech pack details.
- Suggest change if any in Construction to make it more production friendly.
- Correspondence with Merchant, Technician / Technical Designer of buyer & Production dept. of factories.
- Co-ordinate with Production planning department for style allocations. Closely observe production line plan for styles allocated in various factories to ensure timely execution of order/deliveries.
- Co-ordination with in-house production sections for all the production related problems.
- Complete order monitoring, sampling onwards till shipment departure.
- Production follows ups through supply chain management to ensure timely execution of orders, consistent in quality and construction – assessing project and resource requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in Leather Goods Manufacturing industry as a Production Manager (Leather Bags, Wallets and Shoes)
- Knowledge of manufacturing production and processes
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- The ability to use, repair and maintain machines and tools If not able to repair machines one needs to manage getting machines repaired quickly
- The ability to use your initiative
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Thinking and reasoning skills
- The ability to organize your time and workload
- To be able to use a computer and software packages competently.
How to Apply