Project Engineer Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Mechanical Engineering Jobs, Procurement Jobs, Project Management Jobs, Sheer Logic Jobs
Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for a Project Engineer Position for one of our clients.
- Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements for installation of HVAC systems commercial sites while ensuring compliance with safety standards and adherence to work schedules;
- Prepares, schedules, coordinates and monitors the assigned engineering projects;
- Monitors compliances to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards & specification;
- Interact with the clients to understand their needs and requirements and represent the same to the team.
- Develop and track all ongoing project schedule including loading for technician;
- Scheduling of all upcoming projects ;
- Calculate project cost and control the same;
- Job estimation and material planning. Study the drawing and BOQ and notify client for any variation and get it approved before execution;
- Notify management on insurance / bond issue and renewal ;
- Follow all project related compliances as required project to project;
- Increase the profit margin of project by doing value engineering, properly using of labour and tools / equipment, on time supply of materials at site etc;
- Keep track of equipment/tools, labour, materials sent to sites;
- Keep track of work progress of all ongoing sites on daily basis and reporting to management on weekly basis;
- Strictly follow company compliances for material issue and material addition;
- Inspect the site on regular basis to check the progress of site, workmanship (quality of work) and safety;
- Manage all site meetings with client of all ongoing projects;
- Estimate changes in scope of work and submit necessary quotation to clients;
- Notify client for any additional works and get approval for variation / additional works;
- Communicate with the client time to time for any deviation in scope of work, delay in project schedule due to accessibility of sites or lack of infrastructure from client end, delay of payment as per agreed contract etc;
- Review the approved drawings and communicate the same to technicians;
- Review the project contract and communicate the same to technicians;
- Follow up with customer / consultant / main contractor for drawing approval and approval to start work;
- Handle all site related issues with customer / consultants / main contractors ;
- Give material requisition to management based on project schedule (local and imported items) based on monthly / quarterly / half yearly basis
- Billing certification as per agreed contract on time and follow up with clients for timely payments;
- Prepare handing over process and inform management to close jobs in system (Orion);
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you by your Supervisor from time to time.
- Minimum qualification of Mechanical Engineering / project management or any other related field;
- Current registration licencse from the Engineeing Board of Kenya;
- Previous experience as a Project Engineer in consumable elctronics for over 3 years
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations softwre such as AutoCAD/MS Project;
- Farmilarity with ASHRAE regulations,best practises and project performance standards;
- Experience in operational management of large-scale installations would be preferable;
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC installation principles/practices required;
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts or self-perform work;
- Experience in leading successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external parties.
How to Apply:
Send your updated CV to email@example.com by 27th September 2019. Clearly indicate the job title.