Project Manager Jobs, Project Management Jobs, Corporate Staffing Jobs
Our client is a social enterprise dedicated to improving the overall dignity, health, and environment of urbanizing communities in East Africa through delivering clean, safe, and efficient sanitation services. They are seeking to hire a creative and aggressive Infrastructure Project Manager who will be tasked with project delivery from detailed design stage through procurement, construction and commissioning.
Job Title: Project Manager – Water Project
Reports to: Chief Operations Office
Salary: 250K -300K
- Facilitating delivery of specimen to fuel treatment plant.
- Accounting for delivery which includes procurement, contract development and award, construction, and commissioning including internal reporting, budget controls, quality assurance
- Administering contracts as well as managing contractors involved in the project.
- Team leading and supervising needed staff to reach successful project delivery.
- Engaging and managing all required resources to successfully deliver the project.
- Managing internal staff including any required commissioning personnel) on a new Projects Team
- Coordinating with other staff to ensure project success
- Creating strategies after the successful delivery of the first infrastructure project, this role will expand to influence more of the strategic plan across the company
- Developing and implementing the required project controls such as reports, budget and schedule management tools, contracts, for usage in future company projects.
- Advising on expansion strategy and Project Development from a Project Management perspective
- Providing material input to a detailed plan guiding company’s vision of providing safely managed sanitation to over 1 million people in the next 7 years
- Project Management certification
- Delivered 2+ infrastructure projects with values > $1m USD
- 5 -10+ years working on construction of infrastructure projects
- 7+ years working in East Africa, Kenya preferred
- Industry experience in water, wastewater, sanitation, energy, or manufacturing
- Experience leading tendering for infrastructure projects
- Experience leading operations or commissioning
- Willing to create systems from scratch and educate a team on industry best practices
- Comfortable with a start-up environment, with multiple priorities and quick timelines
- Eager to live and work in Naivasha, Kenya for minimum 2 years
- A constant will to learn and improve