Project Manager Jobs, Project Management Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, ICT Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, UNOPS Jobs
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
The Project Manager is responsible for producing/reviewing the project initiation documents (PID) and all other background document, the Legal Agreement and for having a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders to ensure the project’s products meet the business cases for UNOPS, the government client(s), and the funder. The Project Manager is also responsible for the overall management of project implementation and day-to-day operations (aligned with work plan) toward successful project completion.
- Take overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the project’s outputs to agreed levels of quality within the agreed timeline and budget;
- Coordinate and contribute to an initial technology assessment of the project environment, including gap analysis and recommendations for the approach to the implementation phase;
- Conduct proactive, ongoing assessments of the changing business environment to ensure continuing alignment of the project plan with stakeholder expectations;
- Analyse existing software and hardware infrastructure in order to inform strategic direction of project implementation;
- Advice on standards and technologies for maximum levels of information security;
- Prepare a detailed project plan including all stages of analysis, initiation, implementation and handover;
- Establish effective Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all project functions and continually adapt over time;
- Analyse stakeholders and develop a comprehensive Communications Management Strategy taking into account differing stakeholder profiles;
- Prepare detailed written reports on project progress and other highlights;
- Identify, assess and communicate project risks and issues on a regular basis;
- Prepare and help to conduct training activities and other national capacity developing activities;
- Establish comprehensive change control procedures and mechanism to contribute to a robust Configuration Management Strategy;
- Conduct performance reviews and other monitoring and evaluation activities for contracted suppliers;
- Track and record lessons learned during project implementation and proactively share with stakeholders and others within UNOPS;
- Contribute to UNOPS’ Communities of Practice for Project Management;
- Supervise project team members including performance management and the creation and maintenance of a highly positive working environment;
- Foster sensitivity of issues related to gender and take a proactive approach to Gender Mainstreaming where possible within the project initiation and implementation.
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance)
- Manage the information flows between the Project Board/OC Director and the project(s)
- Develop and maintain project plans
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. A relevant Bachelor’s degree in related studies, combined with an additional 2 years’ experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- PRINCE2 Certification is an asset.
- At least 5 years’ experience in management of projects with an ICT focus is required especially in these fields of Business Process Mapping, IS Project Management, Budget Management and reporting;
- Experience working with or within international organizations is an asset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How To Apply:
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.Only those candidates that are shortlisted for interviews will be notified.Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types. UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS. This position is based in a family duty station. It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.