Regional Director Jobs, Director Jobs, NGO Jobs, HelpAge International Jobs
We aim to extend the reach and influence of the HelpAge Global Network to all those in a position to help bring about our vision for older people – including governments, policy makers, the private sector, and academic institutions.
In the Africa region we do this through a combination of programme, policy and communications work focused on our core themes of social protection, humanitarian response and health and care.
The Regional Director will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and is responsible for ensuring HelpAge International delivers high quality work for older people across the region, in line with our theory of change. The Regional Director is also responsible for developing the network in the region, ensuring strong levels of collaboration with network members and other partners.
In HelpAge International’s decentralised leadership structure, the Regional Director also plays a key role at the global level as part of the Global Directors Team, working with other executive directors and the Board to ensure that the organisation delivers effectively on its mission, strategy and values.
- Strategy and Planning
- Network Development
- Operational & Risk Management
- Substantial experience of international development (and/or humanitarian) work including extensive experience in Africa region.
- A proven leader, able to coach, direct, motivate and inspire colleagues and external audiences from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Experience managing a diverse team, including ability to manage staff in cross-cultural settings and at a distance.
- Flair and liking for collaborative working, and ability to combine direct line management with working within a decentralised, matrix management structure.
- Proven ability to influence others to achieve successful outcomes, including government, UN agencies and donors through successful advocacy.
- Skills in strategic planning and proven ability to deliver results.
- Experience at having successfully designed and delivered a strategy and/or an organisational design process.
We offer flexible working, a competitive benefits package:
- Salary £48,765 – £52,016 gross per annum
- 8.5% employer pension contribution
- Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
- Opportunity to travel
Other benefits include 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
How to Apply:
Application process: Please download the Recruitment pack which includes how to apply for the role.
Closing date: Sunday 6th October 2019
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment. As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity, we are a member of the Business in the Community gender campaign.