Research Assistant Jobs, Research Jobs, Statistics Jobs,Statistician Jobs, Economics Jobs, Jobs In Eldoret, Bidhaa Sasa Jobs
We are looking for a self driven individual who enjoys interacting with people from different backgrounds.
The Research Assistant will be travelling across rural areas of Western Kenya and beyond visiting our clients’ homes to understand why they purchased our products. This role will involve providing key services around the collecting, storing and analysing of data in a variety of survey tools to the management team.
The hire will work closely with Research Officer to ensure all data that is collected is of high quality and reported on time.The hire will report directly to the Research Officer.
The position is based in Eldoret and requires flexibility around working hours and up country travel. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to consider this before applying for the job.
- Collect, collate and compile clients, staff and group leaders data;
- Provide technical support (on a variety of survey tools) to field staff;
- Conduct field research which primarily involves visiting our clients in the rural areas and talking to them to:
- understand why they bought our products,
- assess client satisfaction,
- asses their interest in new products and any other required subject;
- Quality control of the existing data;
- Data analysis;
- Any other ad hoc research-type projects and duties as directed by the management.
- You are passionate about rural development and making a difference for the less well-off in this country and excited about working in a multicultural environment; You value diversity and are respectful to others;
- You enjoy travelling across rural areas visiting our clients homes and talking to them for hours to understand why they purchased our products.
- You are a team player who leads by example and excellent at listening and building trust and long-lasting relationships with external parties and within teams;
- You value ownership and freedom in exchange for accountability and responsibility;
- You have strong and proven numeracy and data collection skills;
- You embrace and accept challenges with a positive attitude and continuous learning mindset;
- You possess attention to detail and being able to focus for long stretches of time without losing concentration;
- You are self-driven, highly organised and able to operate independently towards set targets;
- You have the ability to manage different conflicting priorities with excellent time management and organizational skills;
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or equivalent;
- One year of experience in a similar role;
- Excellent knowledge of using Microsoft Office products; with a high proficiency in Excel and ability to manipulate data;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in both speaking and writing English & Kiswahili.
Our culture – We are the right organization for you if:
- You believe in the potential of rural communities to improve their family’s lives and are eager to ensure everyone has an equal part in Kenya’s development. We put the client at the centre of all our decisions and actions.
- You enjoy the thrill of start-up life, where we fail and learn from it, where things change fast, and every day brings new challenges. We are a close-knit team working tirelessly to achieve something that has not been done before!
- You are excited about working in a multicultural environment, where we have open communication channels, are transparent about challenges and mistakes, learn from each other and respect and leverage our diversity to make the business work.
- You want your ideas to be heard and participate in business strategy: Our team is collaborative and supportive. We listen to insights from our staff and clients, because we know that otherwise we can’t succeed.
How to Apply:
- Ksh. 25,000 gross per month. Working days are Monday to Friday with additional tasks which may need to be done on Saturdays;
- Deadline for submitting applications 23rd September 2019;
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position will be based in Eldoret for the first 3 months with flexibility of moving to Western Kenya afterwards
- Bidhaa Sasa does not charge any fees for recruitment