School Counsellor Jobs, Counselling Jobs, Kitengela International School Jobs
We are a leading group of schools offering both British Curriculum and the Kenyan System of education with
branches in various counties. Due to our growth prospects and our strategic plan, we seek to fill the following key
vacant positions with high caliber, self- motivated; result oriented and experienced professionals to join our
ecosystem and new branch in Athi River.
To provide professional and confidential counselling services to the KISC pupils/students. Alongside this the School
Counsellor will provide staff with advice and support and play a significant role in the pastoral framework of KISC
Group of Schools. He/she will report directly to the Chief Learning Officer, but work closely with the Heads of
- Collaboratively develop a Comprehensive School Counseling Policy with the Heads of Schools
- Develop and maintain a written plan for effective delivery of the school counseling program based on best
practice approaches and in line with the school’s ethos.
- To provide an independent and confidential counselling service to pupils and staff at Kitengela
International School, through individual sessions, responding to their personal, social, emotional or educational concerns
- To promote a caring and supportive environment where such concerns may be explored, thereby promoting
the mental and emotional health of pupils at KISC
- To maintain confidentiality (except in those circumstances, in line with Kitengela Intl’ School practice,
where this should be breached)
- Accurately and appropriately use assessment procedures for determining and structuring individual and
group counseling services. Consult the Heads of School if there is the need to invite an external service
provider for the whole school, or for pupils, or for members of staff.
- To make referrals, where appropriate
- To be alert to trends and patterns of problems and to be willing to identify causes and recommend
- To play an active role in safeguarding children and adhere fully to the Kitengela Intl’ school policies,
especially the Safeguarding and Child Protection policies.
- To maintain a high level of knowledge and awareness of changes and developments in the fields of
counselling and education and their impact on the delivery of counselling;
- To work with groups or classes of children where required and in consultation with the relevant members
- To contribute in any other reasonable fashion to promote the safety and wellbeing of the pupils.
- Between 3-5 years of experience in institutional counselling
- Have Professional Training in Counselling- Higher National Diploma or Degree
- Experience in counselling teens and young adults
- You are a great communicator: You are able to provide a clear and persuasive pitch to anyone and have
excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are results driven, goal oriented, move fast, and take ownership of work
How to Apply
All successful candidates must be less than 45 years old. All teachers must be registered with Teacher Service
Interested applicants should log on www.kisc.sc.ke for details on qualifications, duties and
Send your application letter and CV to email@example.com not later than 15th October, 2019.
Only those shortlisted shall be contacted. You are encouraged to attach your application letter and CV in PDF
format to protect formatting.
KISC is an equal opportunity employer