School Dorm Mother Jobs, Other Professions, Nova Pioneer Jobs
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar School Dorm Mother who will be in charge of the pastoral life of the Tatu Girls High school as well the Eldoret Girls High School.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Playing the role of a ‘parent’ for the students in a professional working relationship.
- Being a role model in all actions and behavior to the students.
- Defending the rights of the child.
- Creating a safe environment for teenagers to develop their emotional and social skills.
- Supervising the wellbeing, discipline and behavior of students.
- Observing emotional behavior and referring them to the school counselors.
- Maintaining cleanness in dorms.
- Report to Dean of Residential Life.
Note: This role requires you to live on campus with flexible working hours including working on weekends.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Certificate/Diploma in social work or any other relevant course in child welfare.
- 2+ years of experience working with students.
- Professional counseling skills with a proven track record will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience working with teenagers before
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of the next steps. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.