Senior Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Privatization Commission Jobs
The successful candidate will report to the Principal Accountant and will be responsible for ensuring proper financial management, budget preparation and statutory financial reporting in the Commission.
- Verify vouchers and commit documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulations;
- Track the utilization of capital and operational expenditure against the approved budget and report on the same;
- Maintain and update the Fixed Assets Register, including computation of monthly depreciation and posting the same to the General Ledger;
- Review transaction posting in the general ledger, cash book and other subsidiary ledgers;
- Ensure safe custody of Commission records and accountable documents;
- Validate monthly bank reconciliations statements;
- Confirm the accuracy and completeness of accounts receivables (invoicing, receipting, banking and reconciliations) and reporting on the same as appropriate;
- Process payroll and reconciliation;
- Ensure that statutory deductions are accurate and remitted on time;
- Maintain staff imprest and advances ledgers;
- Assist in preparing financial management reports; and
- Any other duties that might be assigned to the Officer from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting option); Commerce (Finance option); Business Administration (Accounting option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree is an added advantage;
- Certified Public Accountants Kenya (CPA) / ACCA Finalist;
- Be a member in good standing of a professional body;
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks;
- At least four (4) years of experience;
- Proficiency in the usage of recognized computer accounting software and common office applications;
- Demonstrate competence in work performance and results; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Terms Of Service And Remuneration
The appointment will be on permanent terms of employment. An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with Government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above positions.
Applications should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) referees, mobile telephone contact, copies of National Identity Card, relevant certificates, details of current employer and position held, current and expected salary and other testimonials.
Shortlisted applicants MUST get clearance from the following bodies:
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA;
- Leadership and Integrity Act Self Declaration Form from the Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission (EACC);
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
Applications clearly citing the position should be sent to:
The Executive Director/CEO
P.O. Box 34542 – 00100
Extelcoms House, 11th Floor
Applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on 14th October, 2019.
Privatization Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.