NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Senior Procurement Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs, JAVA Jobs
- Manage the entire order process for all imported products, raw materials, and requirements for Java from overseas suppliers
- Closely manage and monitor import time frames and costs to ensure minimum shipping times and maximum efficiencies
- Constantly review freight costings to ensure the organization is getting the best possible rates and services
- Provide weekly updates on all imports and use this to ensure delivery time frames for all products from all suppliers are within acceptable parameters.
- Implementing inventory policy and maintain stock at approved levels to avoid excess or stock outs.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes that may affect the production process
- Negotiate with international suppliers to secure the highest value for money and most advantageous terms for the company.
- Supervise all incoming goods, machinery, spare parts & associate shipments and ensure arrival of all goods within specified timeframes.
- Effective risk management and governance of all suppliers while examining and re-evaluating existing contracts in line with performance.
- Process the required imports documentation i.e. LPOs, IDFs CoC’s, Insurances etc
- Provide optimal service to all the internal clients, (Heads of Departments) and maintain status report for all shipments and airfreights.
- Maintain good supplier relationship as well as maintaining good relationships with Governmental Agencies
- Understanding and keeping up with new trends and regulations of Kenyan Government Authorities
- The role requires the holder of an undergraduate degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or any other business-related field.
- Effective Communication
- Strong Customer Focus
- Good working knowledge on KRA, KPA, Kenya Bureau of Standards and other regulatory bodies in the East African Region.