Senior Procurement Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs, MMUST Jobs
Grade XIII 1 Post (AD/04/09/19)
- Applicants must possess a Master’s Degree in Procurement and Supplies with nine (9) years working experience, three (3) of which at the level of Procurement/Supplies Officer Grade 12 or its equivalent.
- In addition they must possess a current practicing license, registered with relevant professional bodies and be ICT competent.
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Administration and Finance the Senior Procurement Officer will
- Manage the procurement and supplies function in the Institution from tendering, procurement to disposal.
- Maintain and updated record of all stores, machinery and equipment.
- Ensure the provisions of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005 are adhered to.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate deliveries.
- Supervise and liaise with staff within the department.
- Ensure that all documents relating to procurement are handed over to finance section for timely payment of suppliers.
- Coordinate stock taking, stock control and verification of materials.
How To Apply
Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants must also submit on application CURRENT VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of good conduct).
- Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert reference number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below. A soft copy of the cover letter and curriculum vitae should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received on or before Friday, 11th October, 2019
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration & Finance)
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 190-50100
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AND FEMALE GENDER ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment exercise.