Senior Procurement Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs, MMUST Jobs
Senior Procurement Officer Grade XIII 1 Post (AD/04/09/19)
In pursuit of its mission to provide excellent University education, training and research through integrating science, technology and innovation into quality programmes to suit the needs of a dynamic world, Masinde Muliro University of Science & Technology invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant position.
Applicants must possess a Master’s Degree in Procurement and Supplies with nine (9) years working
experience, three (3) of which at the level of Procurement/Supplies Officer Grade 12 or its equivalent.
In addition they must possess a current practicing license, registered with relevant professional bodies
and be ICT competent.
- Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Administration and Finance the Senior
Procurement Officer will
- Manage the procurement and supplies function in the Institution from tendering, procurement
- Maintain and updated record of all stores, machinery and equipment.
- Ensure the provisions of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005 are adhered to.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate deliveries.
- Supervise and liaise with staff within the department.
- Ensure that all documents relating to procurement are handed over to finance section for timelypayment of suppliers.
- Coordinate stock taking, stock control and verification of materials.
TENURE OF OFFICE
The appointment tenure for Dean of Students, Assistant Registrar- Council Secretariat and the Manager
ICT will be for a contractual period renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set
performance targets. Other positions may be considered for permanent and pensionable terms of
service upon successful completion of the probation period.
How to Apply:
- Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of
relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials
and any other relevant supporting documents. They should also provide names, telephone
numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
- Applicants must also submit on application CURRENT VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
a) Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
b) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
c) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
d) Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of good conduct).
e) Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
- All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert reference
number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below.
- A soft copy of the cover letter and curriculum vitae should be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications should be received on or before Friday, 11th October, 2019
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration & Finance)
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 190-50100
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AND FEMALE
GENDER ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment