Senior Research Officer Jobs, Research Jobs, County Government Jobs, Murang’a County Jobs
The Murang’a County Assembly Service Board invites application from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant position on permanent terms:
SENIOR RESEARCH OFFICER I – ONE POSITION
- Provision of non-partisan professional research assistance and analysis to Members,
Committees and staff of County Assembly.
- Provision of analysis of the strength and weaknesses of policy options, the annual management reports of County government Ministries/Departments recommendations from various Committees; preparation of County Assembly reports, Briefs, Background and Discussion papers and fact-sheets on various aspects of County Assembly – including Procedures and Operations of County Assembly; Rulings of the Chair,
evolution, growth and contemporary aspects of County Assembly.
- Initiating and conducting anticipatory research/analysis on key policy issues
- Providing expert interpretation, explanation and analysis, including assessing the strength
and weaknesses of policy options
- Maintaining a periodically updated inventory of publications on current issues, legislation
and major public policy issues/questions
- Ensuring quality control in the preparation of research papers, briefing notes and
particular points of view;
- Providing back up to County Assembly committees.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences from a recognized university; and
- A thorough demonstrable knowledge and understanding of concepts and techniques of
professional research, with particular emphasis on public policy analysis, and ability to write in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
- Work experience in research field for five (5) years.
Salary Scale Job Group N (CASB 06):
Basic Salary House Allowance Other Allowances Total
Minimum Pay: 55,150 18,000 8,000 81,150
Maximum Pay : 82,330 18,000 8,000 108,330
How To Apply:
- Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit their applications, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their telephone contacts; copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates , National Identity Card or Passport, and other relevant supporting documents;
- In addition, all applicants should submit certificate of clearance from the Ethics and Anticorruption Commission, Higher Education Loans Board, Criminal Investigations Department and the Kenya Revenue Authority as part of compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Candidates with Foreign Degrees MUST obtain accreditation from the Commission of Higher Education of Kenya;
- All applications should be delivered in sealed envelope and clearly indicate the position applied for in the reference line and be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board,
Murang’a County Assembly,
P O Box 731-10200
Is hand delivered to the office of the Clerk of County Assembly located at the premises of Murang’a County Assembly opposite Ihura Stadium so as to reach him not later than Friday September 27, 2019 by 2pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through their day time mobile numbers.