Step & Evaluation Assistant Jobs, Administration Jobs, KEMRI Jobs
- Review STEP applications and coordinate placement of candidates in research or clinical electives at FACES
- Collect travel details/documents, PreTrip forms, insurance/emergency contact information, and liability waivers from each participant and share with relevant parties as needed
- Assist participants with their KEMRI letters to request approval to visit and submit to appropriate contacts at KEMRI
- Provide guidance and assistance to STEP participants in obtaining appropriate internship, research, or special passes from the Kenyan government
- Maintain listings of hotels and short- and long-term housing options and assist with organization/negotiations prior to arrival as needed
- Retain contacts of taxis, tuk tuks and other public transportation options to help ease movement of students
- Coordinate logistics of each participant’s elective including arrival and orientation with the appropriate FACES visitor liaisons and clinical staff
- Monitor STEP participants’ schedule of mentorship and orientations
- Register all students with the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) as soon as they arrive and ensure the HR STEP participants’ file is updated
- Act as point person for all STEP participants for support, emergency response, and general assistance with adjustment
- Schedule periodic feedback sessions with current STEP participants and mentors including a final evaluation for continued program improvement
- Solicit consent and compile photos and experience posts from STEP participants for FACES website
- Work with STEP data clerk to ensure all evaluations are collected, submitted, and collated into a biannual report on STEP performance – address feedback as needed
- Review STEP orientation manual quarterly and revise/update as needed
- Routinely update STEP contacts and emergency SOP
- Collect information on FACES sites available to host clinical electives and establish Memorandum of Understanding with the various Sub-county MOH officials and medical superintendent
- Collect volunteers, attaches and interns needs and post volunteer opportunities
- Liaise with coordinators to request and fill volunteer ,attachment and interns positions
- Review volunteer ,attachment and interns applications
- Coordinate volunteer ,attaches and interns placement within candidates and site staff
- Develop and maintain volunteer, attaches and interns orientation materials
- Orient volunteers to their placement and/or work with coordinators on the same
- Develop and maintain matrix of volunteers, attaches and interns (names, contact, posting, duration, scope)
- Liaise with the ICT department on the utilization of the ICT equipment and Internet, if needed
- Other STEP-related duties and assignments as needed
- Organize and schedule regular group internal or external meetings, working with staff to prepare and assemble relevant correspondence and materials for those meetings.
- Make certain all appropriate materials are circulated well in advance to appropriate parties, including Kenyan and U.S.-based investigators, in preparation for meetings of the FACES Evaluation and Implementation Science Unit.
- Follow up and track action steps and outcomes from various meetings/discussions with various leads, providing administrative support towards the completion of tasks.
- Provide ad-hoc administrative and finance tasks as needed, to members of the FACES Evaluation and Implementation Science Unit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Social Sciences, or Health Sciences.
- Over three years of experience in the HIV related work.
- Experience in Public relations and coordination preferred
Other Required Skills
- Good documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Good presentation skills.
How To Apply
All applications to be done through our website https://faces.ucsf.edu/ by 11th October 2019 latest at 5pm.
Applicants should attach the following:
- A cover letter stating current position (if applicable); and date available to start working for the program
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact information,
- Name and phone number for two professional referees,
- Two letters of recommendation and certificates,
- A copy of Identity card
Other Required documents to attach for KMR 6 and above
- A copy of Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance Certificate
- A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax clearance certificate
- A copy of clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) clearance Certificate
- A copy of Certificate of Good Conduct
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.