Storekeeper Jobs, Store Keeping Jobs, Stores Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Palacina Hotel Jobs
We are a family business based in Nairobi with a background in hospitality and design. As world travelers and hoteliers, we work with a set of principles which we firmly believe our guests recognize and appreciate.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
The incumbent will be responsible for the receiving, storing and issuing all goods purchased facilitating for buying of required items that are not in stock and maintaining records of all stores operations in accordance with Palacina Policies, Procedures, and Standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external
- Receives deliveries by checking; Quantity, Specifications and Price
- Ensures the arrangement of all goods received are put into the storage area
according to the FIFO principle:
- Receive and post delivery notes and invoices on the Material Control (MC).
- Posts all invoices in the invoice records book and share with accounts team
- Issues the goods against authorized Material Control (MC) requisition forms.
- Appraises the performances of all the regular suppliers and submits appraisal
reports to the purchasing manager every three months.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs per
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Resolve discrepancies noted in received goods immediately per Palacina
- Communicate with proper management regarding any loss or damage to goods
- Ensure all deliveries are received at the designated receiving area only per
- Ensure all invoices are stamped and dated with the appropriate receiving stamp
upon deliveries per Palacina guidelines
- Ensure all invoices are signed with name from related department heads per
- Conduct spot checks and advises the purchasing manager on minimum, re-order
and maximum levels
- Checks meat container temperatures and reports to the Purchasing Manager of
any irregularities, i.e the temperature should be –5 degrees to –10 degrees
- Responsible for stores cleanliness, tidiness and ensure the stores are well
- Ensure that HACCP points are taken into consideration while receiving items and
must follow the Hygiene standards.
- A Diploma in Stores Management or Purchases and Supplies Management or its
equivalent from a recognized institution
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in the Hospitality industry in
a 4 star or 5 Star Hotel.
- 03 verifiable references (non-relatives)
- Be tech savvy and have a working knowledge of various computer software
programs MS Office, Receiving Software, Material Control (MC), Micros POS &
- Very presentable and 100% fluency in both written & spoken English
- Be Honest, Trustworthy & Reliable
- Be open to working flexible shifts and on weekends and holidays.
How To Apply:
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Include passport picture, current & expected salary with your CV.