Stores Officer Jobs, Storage Jobs, NGO Jobs, MAF Jobs
Mission Aviation Fellowship(MAF) is a not-for-profit, Christian organization whose mission is to reach isolated communities through aviation. In Kenya we fly small aircraft to assist missions, churches, aid and development agencies and other national groups to share the love of God.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a team that will have a life changing impact on those we serve. MAF is currently sourcing for a high caliber, self -motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Stores Officer in our Operations Centre at Wilson Airport in Nairobi.
The primary purpose of the position is to ensure storage, recording, sourcing, re-ordering, sales of spare parts, consumables and hiring of tools.
- Issuing and receiving of all aircraft spares, tools and equipment;
- Preparing Africair invoices ready for payment in a format specified by the Finance Department;
- Processing sales of spares to other MAF programmes, AIM, outside clients including; Invoicing, recording receipts, and handling of cash;
- Preparing the stock journal spreadsheet ready for checking and processing by Finance;
- Storing spare parts, tools and consumables correctly;
- Performing periodic stock checks and shelf life expiry stock;
- Recording and filing all paperwork associated with spares, tools and consumables;
- Invoicing for all maintenance work on third party aircraft;
- Processing the hiring out of tools to outside customers;
- Delivering and collecting parts or tools to and from overhaul shops;
- Administering the batching process;
- Purchasing, checking oil and grease usage records on a regular basis;
- Sourcing of spare parts from Air Operators at Wilson Airport;
- Filling in and undertaking the duties of the Stores Supervisor when required;
- Verifying customers invoices to ensure they are billed as per the works done (for parts and prices);
- Preparing import and export documentations for spares;
- Liaising with clearing agents to ensure parts are cleared in time;
- Binning of received parts;
- Tools calibration control;
- Undertaking any other duties which may be reasonably asked by your Line Manager
- Secondary school completion certificate with minimum C plain average;
- Successful completion of a Diploma in purchasing and supplies or similar;
- Completion of a recognized course in computers or significant experience working with the same;
- Experience working in an aviation related field would be highly valued;
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Holder of a valid driver’s license and proficiency to drive saloon cars and manual pickups.
- Attention to detail;
- High degree of accuracy;
- Team player;
- Customer friendly and service oriented disposition;
- High degree of integrity;
- Can work under minimum supervision;
- Good communication skills;
- Permanent position.
- There is an occupational requirement for the post holder to be a born again and committed
How to Apply
If you meet and/or possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your cover letter and CV only, to firstname.lastname@example.org. On or before 4th October 2019.