Supply Chain Manager Jobs, Supply Chain Jobs, KWTA Jobs
This officer will be the head of supply chain unit in the Agency and will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The successful candidate will be employed on a three (3) year employment contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- Plan and coordinate procurement and supply management activities in areas of procurement, inventory and asset disposal in line with the provisions of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015.
- Provide advisory/professional opinion on procurement matters and asset disposal to the Accounting Officer (CEO).
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of statutory procurement reports including performance reporting.
- Ensure effective implementation of the annual procurement plan and inventory management.
- Liaise with heads of directorates, departments and units in the Agency to identify, plan and budget for their procurement needs.
- Review and regularly update supplier database for the Agency; evaluate their performance and facilitate timely payment of goods and services rendered.
- Develop detailed service level agreements (SLA) for third party providers, outlining the key performance areas critical to the agency, key performance measures against which these providers will be evaluated, the performance feedback processes as well as relevant action points for failure to deliver at the required standards.
- Mentor and coach staff under him/her.
- Responsible for ensuring an effective record keeping system, maintaining proper documentation on all assets of the Agency and ensure all procurement paperwork is complete, accurate and up to date.
- A minimum period of six (6) years with at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines from a recognized institution; Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or any equivalent qualification.
- Possess a Master’s Degree from a recognized institution in any of the fields in (ii) above or any other relevant field.
- Diploma in Procurement, Purchasing, Logistics or Supply Chain Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of e-procurement and/or integrated procurement information system.
- Certificate in Computer applications.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015, procurement rules and procedures.
The Kenya Water Towers Agency (KWTA) is a State Corporation established vide Kenya Gazette Supplement Legal Notice No. 27 of 2012 with the mandate of coordinating and overseeing the protection, rehabilitation, conservation and to sustainably manage water towers in the country.
Candidates will be required, among other qualifications, to be Kenyan citizens and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 including:
- Valid certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Valid tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Report from an approved credit reference bureau (CRB).
How To Apply
Interested and eligible candidates must download and complete the KWTA employment application form available online on www.watertowers.go.ke and submit the same by 24th September, 2019 at 5.00PM to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies should be addressed to:
Adhoc Board Recruitment Committee,
Kenya Water Towers Agency,
N.H.I.F Building, 15th Floor
P.O. Box 42903 – 00100,
Kenya Water Towers Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Women, youth, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted using the address and contacts provided by the candidates in their application letters.
Details of all applicants and shortlisted candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be made public.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.