There is no doubt that today, a big part of marketing is done digitally. As consumers are almost always online, it is easier to reach them with your blog, website or business.
With this in mind, it is best to know what marketing strategies to use, to ensure you target the right people with your content, and leave them wanting more.
Here are a few things you need to do:
1. Determine your customer base
For any marketing strategy to succeed – whether online or offline – you need to know whom you are marketing to.
For this to work, you need to get a solid understanding of who your audience is, and what motivates them. This is essential because it will help you to assess which marketing platforms you can find them on, how they’re interacting with it and what they want to see from you.
With this, you’ll be able to tell a lot more about your audience, their pain points and what you can do for them.
To know this, use analytics such as Google Analytics and Facebook’s Audience Insights, among others.
2. Identify your goals and the digital marketing tools you’ll need
What do you want your digital marketing campaigns to accomplish? Do you want to build name brand recognition? Generate leads? Get more sales or email subscribers?
If you go on a bunch of blind dates with no idea what you’re looking for, you might settle down with the first person whom you can tolerate. If you have an actual list of traits you want in a person, you’re much more likely to find your match.
Your goals matter, and you’ll need to take specific steps to accomplish each one.
3. Implement Specific Guidelines to Reach Your Goals
You’ve got your marketing mix selected and you know how you expect your audience to react. Once you do this, it’s time to start tying everything together and create specific tactics that will help you reach those end goals.
A few of these tactics might include:
- Placing lead generation widgets or lead magnets on the sides of all blog posts, along with featuring a CTA at the end of posts to get in touch.
- Sharing influencer’s content on social media to build a relationship and increase visibility and brand recognition.
- Encouraging testimonials with email plugins that you can then place on your site, or request that users submit reviews on Google business to improve your local SEO scores.
Again, specificity is key here. Map out very specific steps that you’re going to take to accomplish your goals. Go beyond “write blog posts to attract leads,” and include those CTAs and links back to a lead magnet or a webinar until you start to get results.
In the end,
Without a digital marketing strategy, you’re not going to see results because you don’t have the right content in place to get the results. Sign up for this Digital Marketing class and learn more about how to market the right way.