Deputy Chief Finance Officer Jobs, Finance Jobs, Machakos University Jobs
Machakos University was awarded a Charter on 7th October, 2016 and is a successor of Machakos University College. It is located one (1) Km from Machakos Town along the main Machakos – Wote road. The vision of the University is: A preferred University of Excellence in Scholarship and Service Delivery; whereas the Mission of the University is: To Provide scholarly education through Training, Research and Innovation for Industrial and socio-economic transformation of our community.
Machakos University invites applications from candidates who are suitably qualified and experienced with excellent credentials to fill the listed vacant position in the University.
DEPUTY CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER -GRADE 14 – MKSU/HR/DCFO/19
- Must have an earned Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or its
equivalent plus CPA (K) or its equivalent with 12 years’ experience in accounting or
auditing, three (3) of which at Senior Accountant I/ Senior Internal Auditor I Grade
13 or equivalent.
- Be a member of a recognized Professional Accounting body.
- Must be Computer literate (Accounting packages).
- Ph.D. degree will be an added advantage.
- Coordinate all aspects of financial management and control of the University’s resources in regards to university revenue
- Develop the University’s operating budget taking into account all revenues and expenses are done in line with University and government financial management procedures
- Recommend to the Council, the investment of the University financial resources while ensuring that all financial due diligence is carried out in line with the laws and regulations as well as university statutes
- Inform the Council the financial status of the University on a regular basis Advise management of banking, financial and legal relationships, and ensure that all contracts entered into by the University do not have adverse financial implications
- Prepare and keep updated inventory of all University assets and a risk register
- Prepare University Financial statements in a prescribed manner
- Oversee collection of University Revenue
- Oversee both internal and external payments
- Advise the University Board of Management on banking, financial and legal relationships Advise management of the University on expenditure control measures
- Inform the University council of the financial status of the University on a regular basis
- Provide liaison services with external stakeholders including auditors
- Recommend payment vouchers on behalf of the CFO
- Coordinate preparation and renew fee structures in consultation with the registrar ASA
- Coordinate payments for capital projects and prepare for reimbursements of capital project funds.
- Provide budgeting input and information
- Expenditure control
- Financial position and financial projections
- Advisory roles in approvals for payments
- Responsibility for physical assets: Office Computers, Furniture, Cheques & University Petty Cash
How to Apply
Applicants should submit FOUR (4) HARD COPIES and ONE (1) SOFT COPY of their application documents (i.e application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, latest payslip, academic and professional certificates-including KCSE/KCE/EACE/KACE/EAACE /KCPE) via EMAIL and addressed to email@example.com.
NB: KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A MUST THAT YOU TYPE IN THE REQUIRED INFORMATION
IN THE JOB APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE IN THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE, PRINT, SIGN
AND ATTACH TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Applications should be sent to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (APF)
P.O. Box 136 – 90100
The applications should reach the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s office on or before 15th October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Machakos University is an equal opportunity employer; women, persons with disabilities and those from marginalized regions are encouraged to apply.