Senior Principal Finance Officer Jobs, Finance Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary: Kshs. 85,110 – Kshs. 119,730p.m. (CSG 7)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- served for a minimum period of nine (9) years in finance/budget function and currently serving at the grade of Principal Finance Officer, CSG 8;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance from a University recognized in Kenya;
- attended Senior Management Course in a recognized institution;
- demonstrated professional competence in the field of financial management; and
- shown merit and ability in related work performance and results.
NOTE: Possession of a relevant Masters degree will be considered as an added advantage.
- coordinating the preparation of Medium-Term Budget estimates in Ministries;
- preparing quarterly expenditure forecast;
- initiating proposals seeking funds for additional expenditures and reallocation of voted funds;
- monitoring expenditure on projects and programme implementation on a periodic basis and ensuring that timely corrective measures are taken;
- coordinating activities and work of all officers handling donor financed projects, monitoring implementation of such projects and review of reimbursements; and
- coordinating the design and financial aspects for all new donor projects and agreements with donor agencies.
The National Treasury(Budget Department)
- coordinating budget preparation for MDAs;
- analyzing budget proposals from MDAs;
- undertaking technical reviews of budget estimates, programme performance and supplementary estimates;
- undertaking reviews and analysis of MDAs expenditure reports on a monthly basis and other periodical and statutory budgetary reports; and
- convening sector working groups to discuss budget submissions.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019