Bartender Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Kempinski Jobs
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
Reporting to the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager/Director of Food & Beverage, the Bar Manager will be responsible for producing an outstanding guest experience within the outlet concept by managing a service team. He will provide a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet, hotel and Kempinski standards, driving sales and maximises profit.
- Responsible for Assistant Bar Manager, Bartenders, Barmen / Barmaids, Host / Hostess.
- Understand thoroughly the concept of the bar and train all employees of the outlet in regard to the concept.
- Set an example in terms of service and products knowledge.
- Prepare the bar menu design in cooperation with the bartending team.
- Organise tastings of new menus.
- Have an excellent understanding of beverages in general including ingredients and techniques to ensure the right beverage / cocktail / spirit can be recommended.
- Have an excellent understanding of both classic and modern cocktails, their recipes and history.
- Participate in supplier meetings to negotiate beneficial agreements for the hotel or respective areas to ensure the best possible prices.
- Hold monthly trainings to the Food & Beverage team to ensure product knowledge is fostered.
- Develop cocktail specials, signature drinks and foster creativity and innovation within the bartending team.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Produce reports and analysis of the outlet and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
- Lead the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Assist in preparation of the outlet’s budget.
- Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Obtain an account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for outlet floats when and as required.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Handle guest enquiries and complaints in the outlet in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Diploma/Higher Diploma in Food & Beverage Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power point.
- Strong knowledge of beverages (cocktails, liquors, wine, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
How to Apply
Click here to Apply