Biomedical Engineer Jobs, Medical Jobs, NCCK Jobs
Main Purpose Of The Job
This position is responsible for ensuring that all hospital equipments, electrical items, mechanical instruments and plumbing items are well maintained (Biomedical & MEP)
- Conduct pre installation works
- Install and commission medical equipment and plants;
- Conduct repair of highly complex medical equipment;
- Perform preventive maintenance of highly complex medical equipment;
- Conduct performance and safety test and calibration of highly complex medical equipments
- Conduct fairly basic facility and utility repairs;
- Operate highly complex medical and general plants;
- Technical advice including outsourcing technician to repair complex equipment.
- Prepare technical specification for spare parts, consumables and materials required;
- Order spare parts, consumable and materials required for maintenance and repair of equipment and plants
- Maintain a record of spare parts, material and consumables purchased and utilized in the workshop
- Ensure Hospital engineering functions comply with medical, certification, legal and safety standards.
- Facilitating trainings and continuous professional development activities within the department.
- Ensure all Engineering operations within the Hospital run at optimal level.
- Ensure that all warranties and maintenances contract for all equipments and plant are in place
- Implementing medical engineering programs and projects.
- Collecting and collating information for research on Bio medical engineering services into integral health information.
- Over see technicians on how to assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
Their work typically involves:
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance
- Responding to breakdowns
- Diagnosing faults
- Repairing equipment
- Supervising engineering and technical staff
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Managing budgets
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Creating maintenance procedures
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in Biomedical engineering
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Knowledge in Biomedical equipments
- Knowledge in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing equipments
- Self-motivated and quick to take initiative
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least three years
How To Apply
Interested candidates should click here to download the NCCK Job Application Form. The Application Forms to be sent to email@example.com and received not later than 12.00 noon on 29th November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.