Deputy Director For Social Rehabilitation Jobs, Social Work Jobs, PSC Jobs
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, SOCIAL REHABILITATION -TWO (2) POSTS – V/NO.193 /2019
Basic Salary Scale: KShs.98, 500 – KShs.166, 780pm(Grade CSG 6)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which must have been in the grade of Assistant Director, Social Rehabilitation, CSG 7 or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Sociology, Social Work, Social Psychology, Gerontology, Education, Anthropology, Community Development, Public Administration, Business Administration, Rehabilitation Studies, Counseling, Economics, Gender Studies or equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, Education, Anthropology, Counseling, Demography/Population Studies, Economics, Gender Studies, Development Studies, Community Development, Project Planning, Policy Studies or equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
- developing, disseminating and reviewing street families rehabilitation policies, strategies, guidelines, procedures and programmes;
- developing capacity building programmes for care givers in partner institutions;
- interpreting data for policy development and developing framework for quality assurance;
- promoting collaboration and cooperation with communities nationally, regionally and internationally on street families rehabilitation;
- advocating and lobbying street family rehabilitation matters at national, regional and international fora;
- ensuring maintenance of data on street families;
- conducting public awareness on the plight of street families; and promoting research on street families rehabilitation
How to Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMMISSION HOUSE P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100 NAIROBI
so as to reach the Commission on or before 9th December 2019 latest 5pm (East African Time).