NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Design Manager Jobs, Engineering Jobs, REREC Jobs
The Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation, (formerly, the Rural Electrification Corporation ) a state corporation established under the Energy Act, 2019, is mandated to enhance provision of electricity in the rural areas of the country as well as develop, manage and promote the use of renewable energy in Kenya. Through its mandate, the Corporation seeks to improve the socio-economic well-being of Kenyans living in rural areas as well as develop cheap alternative sources of energy through the promotion of renewable energy. Since commencing operations in the 2008/09 financial year, the Corporation has endeavored to realize this objective and through its efforts, 70% of all the public facilities have been electrified. Moving forward, the Corporation will put more focus on renewable energy to provide electricity to areas far away from the national grid network.
Applications are invited from professionals who meet ALL the minimum qualifications for the following position;
POWER DISTRIBUTION AND REGIONAL COORDINATION DIRECTORATE
MANAGER, DESIGN, GRADE REREC 3 (1 POST) – RE-ADVERTISEMENT
Duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Oversee Implementation of policies and programmes on power system design;
- Providing technical leadership and guidance on matters pertaining to design of distribution and transmission lines;
- Formulating of power system design standards and ensuring they are adhered to;
- Developing designs for all grid extension projects as per the acceptable standards;
- Verifying and authorising technical reports, designs estimates and drawings;
- Recommending location of proposed distribution networks including primary and secondary feeding substations by preparing description of project works, material schedules and cost estimates;
- Advising the Supplies Chain Management on the required materials as per the approved projects for the year;
- Verifying of wayleaves compensation before approval;
- Coordinating and Compilation and documentation of projects technical reports including Design, Survey, Cartography and Wayleave;
- Liaising with other departments/sections of the Corporation on specific issues;
- Managing human, financial and material resources assigned to the Department;
- Coordinating preparation of budget and ensuring budgetary control for the Department;
- Maintaining a supportive working environment to foster optimum performance;
- Monitoring Departmental performance and initiate necessary interventions;
- Ensuring surveys for all REREC grid, substation and mini-grid sites projects are done as per the acceptable standards;
- Ensuring Cartography services for all grid project are done as per the acceptable standards;
- Ensuring acquisition of wayleaves for all REREC projects; and
- Providing advisory functions to top management on all matters relating to the extension of the grid.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum period of ten (10) years relevant working experience, four (4) of which must have been in a management role in comparable and relevant position;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree in any of the following: Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Energy Management, Business Administration or relevant degree from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant area;
- Professional qualification;
- Registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
(c) Key Competencies and Skills
In addition the candidate should possess the following skills:
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills; and Team player.
How to Apply
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form Click here to upload and send the same in WORD to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com. PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates who had previously applied are encouraged to apply again.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
So as to reach on/or before 17th December, 2019.