Director for Legal, Compliance & Research Jobs, Legal Jobs, Office Of The Attorney General Jobs
Applications are invited from suitably qualified officers serving in the Public Service for vacant posts in the Business Registration Service under the Office of The Attorney General and Department of Justice.
ADVERT NO. 4/2019- DIRECTOR LEGAL, COMPLIANCE AND RESEARCH JOB GRADE BRS 2, ONE (1) POST
The Director Legal, Compliance and Research shall report to the Director General.
- The Director shall oversee the overall coordination and management of the Legal, Compliance and Research function at the Service. The specific duties and responsibilities shall include:
- To develop, review and implement the Services’ legal policies, contracts, Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) and all other legal documents,
- Safeguard the legal interests of the Service by advising on and ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements, prepare court records and forward them to the appropriate courts;
- Prepare legal opinions; undertake litigation for the Service;
- Ensure relevant policies are implemented in line with the existing guidelines, provide the necessary information to guide the formulation and amendment of relevant policies and guidelines,
- Carry out research and disseminate research findings in the fields covered by the relevant laws through seminars, workshops, publications or other means,
- Recommend to the Government any improvements in the relevant laws, ensure that the Service complies with statutory and other regulatory requirements by undertaking periodic legal audit compliance.
- The Director shall also perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board and Director General.
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Director Legal, Compliance and Research if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has eight (8) years post admission relevant experience;
- Has served in the grade of Assistant Director Legal services or any similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized University;
- Holds a Masters degree in Law or in any other related field from a recognized University;
- Demonstrates administrative and professional competence;
- Demonstrates computer literacy skills.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE BRS Form. The application form may be downloaded from the Business Registration Service website www.brs.go.ke, the Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke, and Africa Management Solutions Limited website www.amsol.co.ke
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.All officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Candidates are advised to apply for one position only where they are most suited.
The Completed application form should be sent or delivered to Africa Management Solutions Limited, 3rd Floor, Suite 12A, Vision Plaza, Mombasa Road or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3rd December, 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be required to present originals of the following documents:
- National identity card or passport;
- Academic and professional certificates and transcripts;
- Any other relevant supporting documents and testimonials;
- Clearances from the following bodies to demonstrate compliance with chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 :
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations.