Director General Jobs, Government Jobs, Legal Jobs, Office of The Attorney General Jobs, Business Registration Service Jobs
Applications are invited from suitably qualified officers serving in the Public Service for vacant posts in the Business Registration Service under the Office of The Attorney General and Department of Justice.
ADVERT NO.1/2019 – DIRECTOR GENERAL/ CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, JOB GRADE BRS 1, ONE (1) POST
The Service seeks to recruit a visionary, dynamic and innovative leader with high professional and ethical standards to fill the position of Director General/Chief Executive Officer.
- Reporting to the Board, the Director General shall be the Accounting Officer and an ex-officio member of the Board who shall be responsible for providing leadership and day to day administration and management in a high integrity and ethical environment,
- Promoting corporate reputation and ensuring operational effectiveness and efficiency in the affairs of the Service in order to increase stakeholder value; in accordance with the Mission, Vision and strategic objectives of the Service.
- In particular, and under the direction of the Board, the Director General shall be responsible for the development and recommendation to the Board of the long term corporate strategy, business plans and annual operating budgets and the execution of the organization’s strategy.
- He/she shall ensure that the Service operates strictly in accordance with all applicable laws and create a work environment that enables the recruitment, retention of quality and highly motivated staff.
- The Director General shall ensure prudent management of assets and financial resources and accountability through proper monitoring and effective internal control measures.
- He/she shall be expected to communicate regularly and effectively with all stakeholders, foster a corporate culture that promotes sound ethical and good governance practices and undertake all duties assigned by the Board.
- A person shall qualify for appointment as the Director General under Section 18 of the Act if that person:
- Is a citizen of Kenya;
- Has at least ten (10) years’ experience in public affairs management or in a commercial environment with at least five (5) years experience at senior management level.
- Is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized University;
- Holds a Masters degree in Law or any other related field from a recognized University;
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Demonstrates experience in leadership;
- Demonstrates administrative and professional competency and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE BRS Form. The application form may be downloaded from the Business Registration Service website www.brs.go.ke, the Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke, and Africa Management Solutions Limited website www.amsol.co.ke
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.All officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Candidates are advised to apply for one position only where they are most suited.
The Completed application form should be sent or delivered to Africa Management Solutions Limited, 3rd Floor, Suite 12A, Vision Plaza, Mombasa Road or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th December, 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be required to present originals of the following documents:
- National identity card or passport;
- Academic and professional certificates and transcripts;
- Any other relevant supporting documents and testimonials;
- Clearances from the following bodies to demonstrate compliance with chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 :
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations.