NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Director Of Roads & Transport Jobs, Taita Taveta County Jobs
JOB GROUP CPSB 03 `R’
Number of Posts: One (1)
Terms of Service: Four (4) Years Contract
Remuneration: As provided for by the Salaries and Remunerations Commission
- Identify and prioritize roads/transport infrastructure projects
- Reconstruction of failed roads, upgrading gravel roads, by-passes, interchanges, bridges, non-motorized traffic, etc
- Design and construct bus parks, bus stops, roads widening, dual carriage, interchanges, bridges, by-passes, etc
- Design and prepare BOQs, cost estimates and tender documents
- Supervise construction works, project management and contract administration
- Identifying suitable sources of development funds and preparing proposals
- Prepare section budget plan
- Section procurement plan
- Section and project reports – monthly, quarterly and annual
- M&E of annual budget/targets and strategic plan targets
- Staff supervision and performance management
- Training needs assessment and planning
- Corruption detection and control – receive reports, discuss with ECM, investigate and report
- Kenyan Citizen
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Civil Engineering or any equivalent qualification from a recognized University in Kenya
- A Master’s degree in relevant area will be an added advantage
- Have the relevant Knowledge, Experience and distinguished career preferably in Civil engineering of not less than 5 years’
- Must be Registration with relevant professional body
- Should demonstrate experience and competence in Public Finance, Budget and Procurement Procedures
- Advanced computer skills (MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and Engineering Design software
- Experience in transportation engineering will be an added advantage
- Attended a management course of not less than Four weeks. A strategic Leadership Development Course will be an added advantage
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya
How To Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
County Public Service Board
Hand delivered to the Board offices located at the Voi Sub County Office (Former Municipal Council of Voi)
- Candidates must attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
- Candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of chapter 6 by obtaining Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Accredited Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- The applications with copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 4.30 PM on Friday 20th December, 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Youth, women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified.