Driver Jobs, REREC Jobs
The Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation, (formerly, the Rural Electrification Corporation ) a state corporation established under the Energy Act, 2019, is mandated to enhance provision of electricity in the rural areas of the country as well as develop, manage and promote the use of renewable energy in Kenya. Through its mandate, the Corporation seeks to improve the socio-economic well-being of Kenyans living in rural areas as well as develop cheap alternative sources of energy through the promotion of renewable energy. Since commencing operations in the 2008/09 financial year, the Corporation has endeavored to realize this objective and through its efforts, 70% of all the public facilities have been electrified. Moving forward, the Corporation will put more focus on renewable energy to provide electricity to areas far away from the national grid network.
Applications are invited from professionals who meet ALL the minimum qualifications for the following position;
HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION DIRECTORATE
DRIVER, GRADE REREC 9 (1 POST)
Duties and Responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Maintaining cleanliness of the assigned vehicle;
- Keeping up to date work tickets for vehicles;
- Submitting regular reports on motor vehicle assigned;
- Reporting any mechanical/accident problems; and
- Maintaining proper mechanical working condition of the vehicle;
- Ensuring safety of vehicle on and off the road; and
- Ensuring safety of passenger and or good therein.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum period of four (4) years’ relevant work experience;
- A minimum mean Grade D (plain) in the KCSE or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- The Occupational Trade Test II Certificate;
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsements(s) for classes of the vehicles the driver is required to drive;
- Certificate of Good Conduct (renewable after two (2) years);
- First Aid Certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. Johns Ambulance or any other recognized institution;
- An accident free driving period of 3 years; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form Click here to upload and send the same in WORD to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates who had previously applied are encouraged to apply again.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
So as to reach on/or before 17th December, 2019.