Gardener Jobs, Mission Aviation Fellowship Jobs
Mission Aviation Fellowship is a not-for-profit, Christian organization whose mission is to reach isolated communities through aviation. In Kenya we fly small aircraft to assist missions, churches, aid and development agencies and other national groups to share the love of God.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a team that will have a life changing impact on those we serve. MAF is currently sourcing for a high caliber and self -motivated individual to fill the position of a Gardener in our MAF Kenya Karen compound in Nairobi.
The primary purpose of the position is to assist in landscaping and maintaining the garden and grounds within the Karen MAF compound as well as maintaining all equipment in a serviceable manner.
- Mowing the grass, trimming the edges, pruning and trimming hedges, sweeping the paths and weeding the gardens in the communal areas (including guesthouse and team-house gardens);
- Mowing the grass in the residents private gardens;
- Maintaining existing gardens and plants in the communal areas of the compound;
- Under guidance from the Country Director (or delegate), together with team members; continually improve and develop gardens as required;
- Communicating any issues/problems observed in the compound to the Office and Accommodation Manager or Country Director as required;
- Collecting and stacking fallen timber for firewood;
- Cleaning all equipment after use;
- Monitoring level of main water tank and advise Office &Accommodation Manager when the water level drops below half full;
- Monitoring diesel stock level, generator fuel levels, service due dates and advise Office Accommodation Manager of need;
- Ensuring that oil levels in mowers are checked before operation;
- Reporting any service requirements or damage to the Office & Accommodation Manager;
- Other reasonable responsibilities as may be required by your line manager.
- Ability to write and speak clearly in english
- Previous experience in a similar area of work;
- Can work under minimum supervision;
- Permanent position.
- There is an occupational requirement for the post holder to be a born again and committed
How to Apply
If you meet and/or possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th November 2019. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted