Head of Accounting & Finance Jobs, Accounting Jobs, ACCA Jobs, SRC Jobs
The Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an independent Commission established under Article 230 of the
Constitution of Kenya 2010, with the mandate to set and regularly review the Remuneration and Benefits of all State
Officers and to advise the National and County Governments on the Remuneration and Benefits of all other Public
Officers. In carrying out its mandate, the Commission has to take into account the principles of; fiscal sustainability of the public compensation bill, attraction and retention of requisite skills for service delivery, productivity and performance, transparency, fairness and equity.
The Commission seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position;
HEAD OF ACCOUNTING & FINANCE JOB GRADE SRC3
The role holder oversees all accounting and financial aspects of the Commission and is responsible for
implementation of the Commission’s accounting and financial policies and strategies, budgetary planning
and asset management.
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of the Commission’s strategy on accounting
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and manuals to safeguard the financial integrity of the
- Ensure development of effective work plans, continuous performance monitoring and appraisal
- Develop, motivate and manage the performance of the team and ensure continuous alignment to the
values of the Commission
- Oversee the preparation of annual and quarterly financial statements; review and approve financial
statements and reports for release to other users
- Analyze and interpret financial information, for the Commission and Stakeholder financial reports
and make recommendations based on the findings.
- Develop the Commission’s annual budget, and work with other departments to plan and manage
- Ensure adequate budgetary provisions, monitor absorption and ensure optimal utilization aligned to
the Commission’s strategic activities
- Ensure prudent financial management in the achievement of the function
- Ensure efficiency of systems, processes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to achieve the
operational excellence that drives the Commission’s objectives
- Identify, evaluate, mitigate and monitor operational and strategic risks of the function
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, Government Circulars and Commission’s
- Provide requisite regular reporting in compliance with internal and external guidelines and
- Identify and commission an appropriate accounting system and continuously monitor its
- Develop and enforce Internal controls in the accounting and finance function
- Manage payment process in the Commission and manage the commission’s bank accounts
- Responsible for asset management for the Commission.
- Oversee and facilitate both internal and external audit activities
- Master of Business Administration, Finance or relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, Business Administration or related field from a
- Possess CPA/ACCA
- Member of ICPAK in good standing
- 10 years of work experience with 4 years at management level in a reputable organization
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- High level of integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict timelines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge in accounting software and relevant computer applications
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of Budgeting
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards, IAS and IFRS
- Ability to lead and manage teams
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together
with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
• Kenya Revenue Authority.
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
• Higher Education Loans Board.
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
• Credit Reference Bureau (must provide Certificate or Report)
Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100 NAIROBI
And be received on or before 19th November, 2019.
The Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic
disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.